To be an Information hub that Natures Professional.
To Ensure that the Library is Equipped with the relevant Information resources and services that Facilitate the realization of the University’s Mission and Vision
- No body is allowed to use Mobile Phones in the library; a fine of 5000/= will be charged to the offender.
- Silence is Golden, therefore, it should be respected while in the library.
- Every student should receive five (5) Library Borrowing Cards which are used during the borrowing of books. The same Cards should be used until the end of one’s Course.
- Library users should borrow books only by using Library Borrowing Cards. (ONE CARD FOR ONE BOOK).
- No further loans will be extended to the borrower who has failed to clear the previous loans (overdue loans) in time.
- For students, Library cards are issued for two years (Diploma students) and three years (Degree & Post-graduate students). All the cards must be surrendered to the University Library authority before one is cleared at the end of one’s course.
- Library users should not shelve books, instead, leave them on the reading tables after use.
- The library is open to the public but at a FEE. Even then, borrowing of library materials is restricted to UniK members ONLY.
- The REFERENCE BOOKS (e.g. Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Year Books, World Books, Almanacs, etc), CD-ROMs, Periodicals, Newspapers, Dissertations and RESERVED BOOKS are not lent out. They are only used within the library.
- Keep the library clean by dropping all rubbish in the provided waste-paper baskets.
- No Library user should make connections / disconnections of the Computers without the permission of the Library authority.
- Bags and other bulky user property should be kept with the designated person at the library entrance.
- The Library authority is not accountable for personal property carelessly left in the library un-attended to
- The library user who damages or loses library property will be requested to replace it with a new one.
- Every student should return all library property before the closure of each Semester.
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 8:15am – 10:00 pm
SATURDAY: 8:15 am – 7:00pm
SUNDAY: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: Closed
On Campus Library Catalog: (On Campus only)
Get access to the University library Catalog, look for books, journals available.
Users have access to three databases: Ebooks (Formerly NetLibrary books), Business Sources Premier and Eric.
UniKlib has a subscription to 217 ebook titles now available through Ebsco Host
Academic Search Premier
This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
The Education Resource Information Center (ERIC), provides access to education literature and resources. The database contains more than 1.3 million records and provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index
The IEEE Xplore® digital library provides access to IEEE journals, transactions, letters, magazines and conference proceedings, IET journals and conference proceedings, IEEE Standards and IEEE educational courses. You have access to 3,807,230 items.
JSTOR is a growing digital library of more than 2,000 academic journals, 20,000 books, and 2 million primary source objects. JSTOR helps students, scholars, and other individuals discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content through a powerful research and teaching platform.
Provides access to more than 1,300 titles in humanities, social sciences and applied sciences. University of Kisubi has direct access (IP restricted)
Wiley Online Library is a leading international resource for scholarly content providing access to millions of articles across a wide range of journals. This package provides access to over 500 journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Open Access Resources
ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) is an online, fully searchable collection of 4,680 books of high quality in the humanities and related social sciences. Frequently cited in the literature, these titles are recommended by scholars and learned societies and include many prize-winning works. Users may also access online book reviews from leading journals.
Acoustical Society of America
The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (JASA)
Get Access to some of the tech books and journals
Get Access to some of the medical books and journals
African Journals Online
open access journals for AJO.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
The IMF is viewed as one of the world’s most authoritative sources for economic information, analysis and harmonized statistics. IMF eLibrary provides comprehensive data and original analysis, with coverage of almost every economy in the world and a special focus on developing and emerging economies.