SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
The University of Kisubi (UniK) School of Graduate Studies and Research (SGSR):
It was in December, 2017 that the National Council for Higher Education granted the permission to the University of Kisubi to administer and manage the graduate programmes. The following are the programmes on offer at UniK main Campus, they include: Master of Arts in Education Leadership, Weekend and In-service, Master in Business Administration, Weekend and In-service, Master of Science in Clinical Psychological counselling, Weekend and In-service Holiday, Master in Information Technology, Weekend and In-service, Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychological counselling, Weekend and In-service.
VISION OF THE SGSR
To be a center of excellence in research, innovations and society transformation.
MISSION OF THE SGSR
To nurture life-long scholars of high integrity, well-grounded in research and experiential approaches to learning, and properly equipped to respond to society’s changing needs through innovative academic freedom.
The SGSR subscribes to the philosophy behind UniK’s approach to education, namely: the integral nature and development of the human person. Accordingly, the School shall strive to empower its graduates to be capable of achieving self-realisation and to improve the human condition through holistic education and innovation, holding onto and imparting all such values, skills and knowledge that ennoble the human person.
SGSR CORE VALUES
- Academic Freedom
THE GOAL OF THE SGSR
The goal of the School of Graduate Studies and Research (SGSR) is to centrally and effectively coordinate graduate training and research in the University to ensure total quality in all its graduate programmes.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SGSR
1. To coordinate and administer all matters related to graduate studies and research;
2. To provide a central channel of communication from and to the graduate students and staff;
3. To develop the necessary policies, procedures and practices to regulate the activities of graduate studies and research at UniK;
4. To provide a home and be the immediate point of reference for both graduate students and staff;
5. To coordinate and administer all research, publication and outreach activities of the University, in close collaboration with the relevant academic units and other stakeholders.
THE ROLE OF SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH (SGSR)
The SGSR shall carry out the following functions as part of the process and procedures for graduate student research:
- Work with the faculties to ensure Courses in Research Methods and Statistics meet the required standard and are taught and examined properly.
- The SGSR shall keep a record of the authorizing minute extracts of every student’s concept paper, research proposal and dissertation. Secretaries to the SGSR shall ensure that these are forwarded to the Graduate School after the relevant Committee meetings.
- Approves all supervisors and external examiners;
- Receives all dissertation examination reports;
- Receives all Viva voce reports;
- Receives all viva voce panel marks and recommendations on passing or failing the dissertation;
- Liaises with the departments and faculties in preparation of graduation lists;
- Liaises with the departments and faculties in preparation of proposal and dissertation guidelines and manuals in consultation with the University Directorate for Research and Innovations.
- Master of Arts in Education Leadership-2yrs
- Master of Science in Information Technology-2yrs
- Master of Business Administration-2yrs
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychological Counseling-2yrs
- Master of Social Work -2yrs
- Master of Child Protection -2yrs
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychological Counseling-1yr
- Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation-1yr
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dance Education-1yr