THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
WHO WE ARE:
The Directorate of Planning and Development of UniK was constituted by Council in 2017 with a clear mandate of providing the strategic direction of the University, inter alia, mobilise resources to fund the University’s developmental projects and developing academic plans and research. The Directorate is located on Reception building below the Administration Block.
The Directorate is currently headed by
Br. Vincent Barigye (firstname.lastname@example.org, +256772400693) assisted by
Mr. Guma Bariremwa Javilla (email@example.com, +256702204184) and
Br. Katusiime Denis (PhD) (firstname.lastname@example.org, +256705100884)
The mandate of the Directorate lays special emphasis on both Planning and Development components of the University as follows;
The Planning Component:-
- Strategic Planning: The directorate oversees the development and implementation of the University master plan and the Strategic Plan 2019-2023. The Directorate is involved in initiating some of the plans as well as participating in the budgeting in the various phases of University development
- Physical Planning: In liaison with Management, the directorate coordinates physical capital projects of the University
- Partnerships Database Development and Management. The directorate continues to establish a data base of the development partners.
The Development Component.
- Resource mobilization efforts: Directorate coordinates the mobilization through proposal writing in order to boost the University resources.
- Initiate and coordinate collaborative partnerships with various stakeholders including external donors and a strong network of the institutions owned and operated by the Brothers of Christian instruction as well as the alumni.
- Review of the current strategic plan 2015/16 – 2019/20 in view of Charter Application Roadmap
- Provision of administrative support for systematic Planning, coordination and alignment of planned activities to the Strategic Plan 2019-2023;
- Enhance Collaboration with other Universities and development partners
- Improve and upgrade physical facilities and infrastructure to accommodate classroom and dormitory space.
- Strengthen community engagement, linkages, networks, and partnerships
- Improve the visibility and image of the University by putting up a university gate and signage.