The University of Kisubi began as Kisubi Brothers University College (KBUC) in August 2004 and as an Education Centre of Uganda Martyrs University. At its inception, it was just one department of education, which provided Bachelor of Arts with Education Degree only. As the College grew and more programs were added, the department evolved into a full-fledged Faculty of Education offering programs for Bachelor of Arts with Education and Bachelor of Science with Education. It provides day (regular) programs and holiday sessions for teachers seeking to upgrade their qualification from a Diploma to a Degree (in-service). Currently, the Faculty of Education provides Degrees and Diplomas in both primary and secondary education for both Arts and Science teachers and Inclusive Education for diverse learners with a focus on primary teachers. It has two departments: Department of Sciences and Department of Arts. The Faculty Structure specifies the various coordination centres of the Faculty’s activities.
The focus of the Faculty of education pivots around the holistic and interdisciplinary approach to educational curriculum, hinged on responsible academic freedom and learner-centred hands-on educational practices with the aim of responding to the emerging needs of skilled workers for the local community and the nation at large.The Faculty of Education attaches great importance to the integral nature and development of the human person, who, empowered through holistic education, strives to achieve self- realization, and the improvement of the human condition through research and innovation. Propelled by the universal values of ethics and integrity, students seek to attain the true freedom that forges bonds of unity and togetherness, of care and concern for one another in pursuit of all that ennobles humanity in the contemporary dynamic world.
To Ensure Values-driven Education that Creates a Difference.
To prepare Professional Teachers who embrace personal Integrity, Self-reliance, Innovation, Research, Problem-solving and Critical thinking skills and Social Transformation.
- To acquire skills in literacy and numeracy as a foundation for success in all learning areas
- To become critical thinkers, problem solvers and innovative teachers
- To become productive users of technologies as teachers, particularly modern information and educational technologies, social digital media, which will enable them to be resourceful during their teaching and interactions with their learners, to analyze information and to solve real life problems
- To work and plan activities independently, collaboratively and communicate ideas professionally
- To become self-motivated to reach their full potential and have the capacity to make sense of their world.
- To become responsible local and global citizens, develop a desire and capacity to work for the common good, peace, justice and integrity of Creation
- To relate and interact interculturally especially in a fast- paced future, technology driven life and increasingly a multicultural society
- To have the inclination to live and act professionally as teachers, to understand philosophical issues and reflect upon them logically
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Full-time 3yrs and In-service 2yrs)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (Full-time 3yrs and In-service 2yrs)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (In-service) 2yrs
- Bachelor of Inclusive Education for Diverse Learners (Fulltime and In-service) 2yrs
- Diploma in Primary Education (Holiday) 2yrs
The Dean Faculty of Education, University of Kisubi.
P.O. Box 182 Entebbe Uganda
Tel: +25632 225 411