Theme: Holistic Healing within Community: Partnerships Bridging Home, School and the Workplace around the Globe during COVID19.
The University of Kisubi, Uganda Behavioural Health Alliance, Sebastian Family Psychology Practice, LLC and partners invite you to submit abstracts for the 7th International East African Psychology Conference (Virtual). Under the Theme: Holistic Healing within Community: Partnerships Bridging Home, School and the Workplace around the Globe during COVID19.
As health care systems and communities around the world address the infectious disease crisis posed by the COVID-19 virus, we are reminded of the psycho-social challenges that accompany illness. Stress, anxiety, and grief impact many, and those who live with mental illness are disproportionately affected by every aspect of health crises like the one we are experiencing now.
You are receiving this email because of your longstanding commitment to mental health services and psychosocial support: including longstanding community of practice that focuses on Mental Health in East Africa. “There is no health without mental health” Dr. Ssebatian Ssempijja
Therefore based on the above contentions we introduce major conference dates and corresponding subthemes:
Hosted by University of Kisubi at Ulrika Guest house conference hall (at Fee: 50000/= for two days-covering meals, Internet and conference logistics) and Partners online/Virtually.
8th October 2021
Call for Abstracts
Submission of Papers and presentations Deadline:
30th August 2021.
You are called upon to submit your abstract(s) on the following themes – subthemes:
- Community Mental Health & Sustainable Development Goals
• Indigenous/Cultural/Spiritual Healing Practices.
• Comprehensive Education and Youth: Emotional and Trauma Healing.
• Nurturing Community Safe spaces for post-conflict healing in the Covid19 period.
• Holistic Health, work and economic growth of persons with Mental Health.
- Peace and Public Health: Rebuilding Community Resilience
• Healing Primary and Secondary Trauma through Community Bonds.
• Transforming Stigma and Perceptions of Mental Health in homes.
• School, Work and Community wellbeing.
• Community beliefs: Suicide & Addiction.
- Digital Platforms: Opportunities & Hazards for Community and Public Health
• Cyber-bullying, Addiction, Gaming and Exploitation.
• Virtual platforms for Community change.
• Promoting distance/online learning in the COVID-19 era.
For more Information
Or call +256752111344