UNIVERSITY OF KISUBI
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
Research Seminar for All Graduate Students
(MAED, MBA, MACP & MIT) SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY 12TH JUNE 2021. TIME: 9:00. A. M.-5: 00
THEME: 1: Principles of Study Skills and Academic Writing
- To help the Master’s students to develop the ability to write meaningful research papers.
- To help the students to express, articulate scholarly views on the research area of the study
- To help the students to think better and become capable of analysing research problems and interpreting them better
- To help the students improve on their communication skills
- To help increase the knowledge, creativity and imagination of the student to better understand the research problem they want to study
- To help the students to develop reading and writing skills & abilities and produce quality publishable research
- To motivates the student to write and publish their research work
Theme:2: Problem Identification, Contextualization of the Research problem, Writing Statement of the Problem, Identifying Research Gaps (literature, Theoretical, and Methodological gap)
- To help the Master’s students on research writing to learn how to connect their study to the existing literature. This is desirable as a foundation to research work.
- To help the students to scope their research purpose. That is, the purpose is an action one seeks to enact so that one single, focused resolution to the problem is produced.
- To help the student learn to identify a research problem and be able to state and outline the current situation, identify the challenges, specify the location and indicate the stakeholders.
Download the Programme
Dr. Ongodia Simon Peter
Director School of Graduate Studies and Research