With much agonizing, and consultations, we are sad to announce that we need to comply with the directive by the Uganda Government, to cancel all International Conferences, in the country, due the Health threats (COVID-19). We deeply feel cheated and robbed of the opportunity to meet and greet in person, as we carry on this challenging but satisfying task of promoting Mental Health within the Continuum of Whole Health and Well being. we regret the inconveniences caused.
Uganda Behavioral Health Alliance, Sebastian Family Psychology Practice, the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Master’s in Sustainability Peace Building and University of Kisubi have jointly agreed to postpone the 6th East African Psychology Conference to 5-7th October 2020 as we continue to monitor the Health situation till then.
Conference Theme: Holistic Healing within Community: Partnerships Bridging Home, School and the Workplace
From the 5th,6th,7th October at Ulrika Guest House Hotel (Entebbe Rd – Kawuku -Kisubi) Direction/ Map https://goo.gl/maps/NEyAp2ByyzrcQ6Q47
Conference Sub themes
- Community Mental Health & Sustainable Development Goals
- Indigenous/Cultural/Spiritual Healing Practices.
- Education and Youth Leadership: Restorative Justice, and Trauma Healing.
- Character-driven Leadership and Community Building
- Nurturing Community Safe spaces for post-conflict healing
- Holistic Health and Wealth: Mitigating disability by integrating work, identity and dignity
- Peace and Public Health: Rebuilding Community Resilience:
- Healing Primary and Secondary Trauma through Community Bonds.
- From Stigmatization to Belonging: Transforming Perceptions of Mental Health Across Home,
- School, Work and Community:
- Community Beliefs and Family Functioning: Suicide & Addiction
- Re-settlement: From Other to Brother/Sister
- Social Media & Digital Platforms: Opportunities & Hazards for Community and Public Health
- Cyber-bullying / Gaming Addiction / Exploitation
- Virtual communities for change
- Telemedicine and distance learning
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 25, 2020
NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: February 13, 2020
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS: March 2, 2020
Presentation Information will be sent by March 13, 2020 via the Conference Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NATIONAL ADULTS: UGX 50,000 per day
STUDENTS: UGX 30,000 per day
PARTICIPANTS FROM EAST AFRICA: USD100 (USD 33 per day)
INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: USD100 per day
Note: 10% DISCOUNT FOR LARGE GROUPS
The participation fee covers: meals (Breakfast and Lunch) for 2 days, publication of presentations in the abstract booklet, conference files, booklets, note book & pens. Accommodation Exclusive.
Please Book with
David: +256782 475 363 / +256701 961547
For more Information Contact: