We are pleased to announce the 11th International East African Psychology conference, scheduled for October 5th & 6th 2023 hosted by University of Kisubi in Uganda at Ulrika Guest House, with a virtual component.
The conference theme is “Community-Based Mental Health Care: Harnessing Compassion, Trust, Family, and Dignity through a Cultural Lens.”
1. Holistic Approaches: Family, Community, and Therapeutic Modalities
- The role of family in moments of triumph and vulnerability.
- Expanding roles in community-based mental health: Volunteers, CHWs, non-clinical counselors
- Embracing arts and recreation: Music, dance, drama, games, and sports in therapy and well-being
- Navigating youth in the digital age: Technology, social media, and identity formation.
2. Social and Economic Equity in Mental Health Care
- The link between economic health, empowerment, employment, and mental well-being
- Service learning, its impacts, and contributions to social and economic health
- Challenges and solutions in service delivery: Addressing Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, and related risks
- Leadership in mental health: Moving towards sustainable, purposeful, and dedicated leadership models
3. Tradition and Spirituality in Mental Health
- Role and importance of traditional and religious leaders in mental health
- Spiritual health and its significance in overall well-being
- Inter-generational/Intercultural Knowledge: Valuing and passing on traditional wisdom, values, and practices
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
- Preferred date: September 15th, 2023
- Final date: September 18th, 2023
NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: September 22, 2023
Submissions can be sent to the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dr. Sebastian Ssempijja: email@example.com
Presentation Information will be distributed on October 2nd, 2023 via the Conference Email (and printed): firstname.lastname@example.org
This conference is co-led, and co-sponsored by several entities under the umbrella of the Uganda Behavioral Health alliance and Sebastian Family Psychology Practice, the University of Kisubi, and various partners. It is the result of intentional collaboration and partnerships with private and public academic institutions, non-profit entities, community-based organizations, and potential collaborators from the United States, Africa, and around the world.
Join us for and exciting academic exchange and a meaningful encounter that highlights the importance of social and cultural connections. The conference aims to promote Service-learning, building purposeful Community and travel experiences.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
STUDENTS: UGX 90,000
ADULTS FROM EAST AFRICAN REGION: UGX 150,000
INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: USD100 per day
The participation fee covers meals (Breakfast and Lunch) for 2 days, publication of presentations in the abstract booklet, conference files, booklets, notebook & pens. Accommodation Exclusive.
FOR ACCOMMODATION AND CONFERENCE INFORMATION
Charles Senteza (UNIVERSITY OF KISUBI):
email@example.com | Tel +256(0)752 111 344 | +256(0)777 754 987
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Dr. Sebastian Ssempijja: firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 414 247 0801
Debbi Omondi: email@example.com
Paul Waluya: firstname.lastname@example.org | +256 705 239 998
General Inquiries: email@example.com