As you are aware, H.E. the President of the Republic of Uganda issued new guidelines (on 4th Feb 2021) allowing for a staggered re-opening of Universities in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19. This communication therefore, is intended to the students and other related stakeholders, providing a detailed road map and plan for a phased implementation of the same. All concerned students and staff are advised to carefully read this circular and follow its contents to the letter in order to ensure a smooth and harmonized schedule to cater for all and in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other guidelines by government.
Given the fact that our University was accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to continue teaching and learning via the Open Distance and eLearning (ODeL), blended with limited face-to-face sessions, the University has finalized the arrangements to stagger students (studying at different time periods) according to a criterion that will ensure no risk of the violation of the MOH SOPs and other University guidelines. Students are hereby cautioned to respect these guidelines.
We continue to ensure that all University stakeholders are safe and healthy and strictly adhere to the MOH and University SOPs, as we aim for continuity of learning and completion of programs. The University Management appreciates the patience of everyone in these very difficult, stressful and challenging times that have been largely exacerbated by the Covid-19 Pandemic. I, therefore, call upon each one of you to please cooperate with the University officials when guided or approached in enforcing compliance.
STAGGERED STUDENT ATTENDANCE
Please note that:
- All continuing students (3rd years and 2nd years) are expected to campus on March 1, 2021 for face-to-face interactions (including examinations, lecture mop-ups, practical sessions, etc.)
- Selected Mop- up Classes shall still be offered on line to ensure SOPs
- Year one students have an on campus orientation on Monday, February 22, 2021. They will receive end of semester examinations guidelines.
- Semester one will officially end on March 27, 2021
- The Staggered opening programme for the Second Semester will be communicated to you later.
- Each Student should come back with a laptop to facilitate online learning.
In order for any student to access a service, for example, sitting for end of semester examinations, graduation etc., he or she must ensure that all the outstanding balances are fully cleared.
As we continue to live and operate in the season of COVID 19, please stay safe by wearing a mask, avoiding crowds by social distancing and washing hands with soap and sanitizing.
Dr. Pius Ochwo